Revision Sheet: Trig Revision
Complete by Thursday 28th February
Worked Solutions from class
• know meaning of terms; vector (column, position, unit), scalar, magnitude, directed line segment, component
• add and subtract vectors and multiply a vector by a scalar
• determine the distance between two points in three dimensions
• determine and solve problems relating to parallel, perpendicular and collinear lines
• use and apply the scalar product
Working your way through past papers is the only way to make sure you have understood what you’ve been taught during the year.
Remember ‘RE VISION’ means ‘SEE AGAIN’. Redoing homework or past paper exercises again is a good idea, you can compare with your previous attempt. Having done it before does not necessarily mean knowing it!
Make sure that you USE all the resources available to you; past papers, textbook, class notes, homework resources, topic checklists, study guides, internet, TEACHER!, etc.
These prelims follow the old Higher Unit order and contain topics not yet covered: i.e. Recurrence Relations (Sequences) and Integration. Please miss these questions out and ask if unsure.
New Topic: Differentiation, MiA Higher Ch3
By the end of this topic you will:
• be familiar with the terminology associated with differentiation
• understand the principles of differentiation
• be able to derive the gradient formula of a given function
• be able to calculate the gradient of a tangent to a curve
• be able to use differentiation to solve optimisation problems
Homework 1: Differentiation 1 Set1
Due: Friday 3:20pm – submit to Mr H’s office
ALL pupils should be able to complete Q1 & 2
MOST pupils should be able to complete Q4
SOME pupils should be able to complete Q3
Homework 2: Differentiation HW2
Due: Wednesday 18th November
ALL pupils should be able to complete Q1 – 4
MOST pupils should be able to complete Q5 & 6
SOME pupils should be able to complete Q7